Friday, April 10, 2009

This weekend

So mom I forgot to tell you this is what the Easter package you sent me came to me looking like. Thankfully everything was intact when it got here.


Ben came home from work this afternoon and surprised me with these........

He just felt like getting me flowers. I love him! I look so awesome cause we didn't take this pic till tonight after I got into my sweats.

We finally started prepping our room for painting this weekend. So like any good home/apartment project I thought we needed to have some photo documentation. Here is the horrid color that it is currently.


As we were removing some tape stuck to the wall we accidentally removed a chunk of the wall with the tape and made this awesome discovery, some old horrid wallpaper!! It looks like some white palm trees on a blue/green background, classic.


So here are our first two coats of primer. Hopefully we can finish priming all the walls tomorrow and maybe even paint. We are thankful that we have an inflatable bed so we can bum it in the living room while the paint fumes clear out.

4 comments:

Sarah Moran said...

I'll be excited to see how your room looks when you are all done painting. Have a great Easter!

Saundra said...

Its going to be awesome! Only I can't figure out why you didnt just strip the pink paint and go with that groovy wallpaper. That would be hot. Love ya!

The Keeffers said...

we were contemplating doing alternating stripes of hot pink to accentuate the dusty rose on the walls and drop in a disco light but we didn't think the old wiring could handle it. 80)

Jill said...

Oh my goodness! I haven't heard or seen you in forever. I remember when we all used to hang out all the time. Hope all is well!