Sunday, May 3, 2009

Exciting weekend

So this weekend was packed and so wonderful! First my sister Stephanie drove back down from Missoula, Montana to meet our friend Amber in Salt Lake. Amber flew in from the east coast to do her mothers temple work in the SLC temple. Thurs we went out for dinner up here in Ogden, Friday I was able to head down to SLC where we went out to lunch, met up with some more of Ambers friends, then went through the SLC temple. It was a very special occasion and extra special for me as it was the first time through the SLC temple and the first time with my sister Steph. I was preparing to go to dinner with the clan when I checked my email and had a notice from my professor that I had apx 4 hours left to take my online final. OOPS- So I had to pass on dinner and take my final as Ben drove down from Ogden to come pick me up.
As I went to start my final I got a call from my brother Derek and his wife Beth (they also live in Missoula, Mt) they had come down on a quick trip to Ogden for a family friends wedding and wanted to know if we were free for dinner.
At this point I was so frustrated that I had to miss both dinners to take this stupid test!!!! Oh well, Ben came and got me and we were able to see Beth and Bud for a few minutes before Charloette became, as they so lovelingly dubbed her " the screaming hornet" CharHar was really tired and had not slept all day so we excused ourselves and went home.
Wait I'm not finished yet.......
Then came Saturday! Tafton Jay Passeys first birthday. Ben and I spent some time in the morning running errands and buying last minute presents (really is there any other kind). We headed over to the Megan and Bens for the party. Tafton was in a really good mood got even more excited when Matt(megan and my bens older brother) and Val brought there lil dog with them. Tafton opened presents, played with ballons (which scared me because I could hear my Uncle Scott in the background telling me stories about lil kids choking on the pieces when they popped, he is a firefighter chief and EMT). Then ate some cake and made a much smaller mess than expected. After all the family went home Ben and Megan Passey, Ben and I and our friends Kip and Jackie with there little 2 year old Zach stayed to hang out. We ate some nutrisous pizza from dominoes and watched Harry Potter cause it was already on TV. Kip and Jackie had to head out early cause Zach we getting tired so the 4 of use left broke out a game of scrabble. The game was doing well but ended early because as Megan was passing Tafton to me to say goodnight-he was smack dab above the board- and then lost his dinner. Funny but you probably had to be there. And no I did not get pics of that.
Today I went to church alone cause Ben was sick and didn't get much sleep last night. The big man upstairs must have known what was going on cause only one girl in our class came today.

ahhhhhh So that was our/my weekend. I think it was the most exciting one we have had in a while. Thanks family for being our entertainment.

Pics below

Me with my little niece, if you look close you can see she is starting to fuss.



Full blown fuss mode aka "the screaming hornet"


Tafton with his cake and candle, the pic you don't see here is the one were he had pushed himself as far back in his chair as he can to get away from that candle.


Tafton ready to do some damage. He really didn't get that messy but he did fling a good bit of cake around with the fork.

3 comments:

Sarah Moran said...

What a great weekend! I'm glad that you were able to take your final, but wish you could have enjoyed the dinners as well.

Nanette said...

That is a busy weekend. I'm glad I got to see you guys at Tafton's party. We need to hang out soon.

Boo said...

I am so glad I was able to see you and be in the Temple with you earlier this month. I love and miss you. Happy belated Mother's Day.