Tuesday, March 23, 2010

More photos......

So here are some photos from the past weeks.........

My sister Saundra emailed me this great blog/website Smitten Kitten I love it and gave this recipe a try. It was very yummy and I will be making it again for sure.





The week prior I also decided to make some more cupcakes. I decided to give the frosting that gave steph and I so much grief another go (swiss meringue buttercream) and I conquered it!!!! I was so proud - but as a trade off my caramel for the cupcake centers did not turn out. sad.







Last Wed we got our dining room table. We had already purchased the chairs from another furniture store during one of their sales (may I add for an awesome deal thanks to my hubby). We then had to shop for a table to match the chairs - a bit backwards but oh well. We found a great table at a small store north of Ogden. Even though it was the last weekend in Feb when we found it, they were still having their "Presidents Day" sale- he he he.
We were a bit afraid that the table wouldn't fit or the chairs wouldn't match but we love it and thankfully the chairs match and it fits the space perfectly.



This past weekend we had our nephew Tafton come stay with us (and it turned out tobe a good thing cause his poor mom got hit with some bad kidney stones and his dad had to work a bunch)
Tafton had a lot of fun with his Uncle - we opened up the grill for the first time this year and grilled some steaks.


We also explored our yard to see what was going on and we also started some long needed clean up of the back yard.




We found some new growth on our lilacs


it also looks like we have some type of spring bulbs that are popping up in various places




it will be nice to have some flowers show up so I can really figure out what the heck they are

Then after a long day of playing and eating (life for a kid is so hard) a bubble bath to round it out.


1 comment:

Melanie said...

Thanks for the recipe. I love your new table and chairs and your yard!

By the way, my blog isn't private anymore. :)